November 10, 2010

Customizing...

I won't go into how long it took me to get that picture collage on my title. Katy - how did you do it?? My pictures started off well, but by the time I pasted them in a word document, converted to .pdf, then Exported to a .jpeg file - it's a little washed out. But it'll have to do for now!

Also - wanted to say about my blog list - Alamo Blog has a lot of great info about upcoming events, so that's a good one to keep updated on.

Snickollet is a blog I found a few years ago (I already said I'm a blog stalker) when it was highlighted on CNN. The author wrote about the loss of her husband and raising her twins during/after that loss. I was hooked, and as strange as it is (though maybe not in 2010), I like to keep up with how that family is doing. Obviously, I don't personally know them. Ok, it's definitely strange - even though it's 2010 and our lives are online. But when you start reading someone's life, it's like a book...and she's a good writer.

Are you there youth, it's me Nikki? is an AWESOME blog I found through EW.com. If you go back through her posts, she re-reads and reviews many of my favorite old "tween" books, such as, "Are you there God, it's me, Margaret" and a lot of other Judy Blume books. She has links on her page to other old book review sites, such as "The Dairy Burger" (Sweet Valley High, also a hilarious blog) and "What Claudia Wore", and other Babysitters Club sites. These are a lot of fun to read, since they've done the work of re-reading these books and are able to "review"/satirize from an adult point of view! Seriously, all those books (besides Judy Blume) were pretty ridiculous! But it brings back great memories.

Alright, that's all for now folks. Ignore the timestamp, I did this all from home. ;)

1 comment:

Katy said...

did it with a program at home...just lets you drag & adjust photos into each spot. easy peasy!

Post a Comment