March 16, 2011

Busy Times...

We've been quite busy this year...we had a trip to Vegas in January, my birthday in January (31 feels pretty old), a trip to Tahoe in February, SXSW now and a wedding next weekend.

Vegas was fun - I had terrible luck, but B managed to win some of it back. We had some great meals and I learned that my hangovers have evolved in order to never allow me to have fun 2 days in a row. Bummer. We happened to be in Vegas for the Porn Awards - B saw Ron Jeremy and we watched the red carpet arrivals for a bit. What was funny is that all the cameras and "paparazzi" were actually just male 20-somethings with their Canon digitals. Hilarious.

This is the marquis outside of the Porn Awards @ the Palms.


In February, we went to Lake Tahoe. Neither of us had ever been. We met up with quite a big group there - some of B's friends and some of their friends. It was really fun, everyone was great! I decided to try to ski for the first time. I wasn't great, I was also freezing the whole time (turns out I don't do cold weather well) and honestly, it was too pricey to waste another day on it. Sean White, I am not (maybe he's a snow boarder - either way). Anyway, I'm glad I tried, we had a great trip and that was that.

Me and B after my only day of skiing.
(yes, I'm wearing a helmet - considering I never got off the bunny slope, it really wasn't necessary.)

Now, we've got SXSW going on. SXSW is a music, film and interactive festival in Austin. It's HUGE and brings a lot of people to town. I haven't done much so far - the crowds can be a pain in the arse, plus I'm working this week. B is a volunteer and gets access to all the showcases, so he really enjoys it. The badge goes straight to his head, though. ;)

Next weekend, one of my best friends is getting married - can't wait! Should be another busy, but fun weekend.

One more thing I've been doing lately...reading this blog www.modgblog.com
This girl is awesome, hilarious and makes me realize how un-entertaining my own blog is.

No comments:

Post a Comment