Been awhile since I've blogged - been super busy but not sure if that translates to an interesting blog post...most likely - it won't.
The good news is my killer dog hasn't murdered anymore innocent rodents/squirrels/bunnies - that we know of. She's back in my good graces, and aside from my blog post about it, I've managed to block out the vision of vomited squirrel guts.
March ended with one of my closest friends Rita's wedding. I was a bridesmaid...and B was the officiant! This bit of news particularly amused our parents. The wedding was beautiful, I got to see a lot of good friends and overall, it was a great weekend. Rita looked gorgeous - as did her new hubby - and both were pretty relaxed when the day came!
B - signing the marriage certificate (post wedding)!
April was filled with trips here and there...to Houston, to New York and back to Houston. In between, we had B's 30th birthday celebration! Two of his best friends came to town and all of our Austin friends came out to help him celebrate. I rented a theatre at our favorite locale, Alamo Drafthouse, and we watched a morning showing of The Big Lebowski. He loved it - it was a surprise until I ruined about a week before. Either way, he loved the idea and had fun. We also went out that night and it was a really fun weekend.
Post movie group picture...
I went to NYC by myself the weekend after B's birthday to visit one of my best friends, Abby. It was an awesome trip! We avoided a lot of the touristy stuff, but still did some. Mainly, we walked around the different neighborhoods, ate good stuff, shopped a bit and enjoyed the city. It was freezing (as in 50s) when I first arrived, but warmed up to a perfect Saturday evening and Sunday. It was nice to have a trip by myself - I realized it had been a long time since I went somewhere without B...I always love traveling with him, but it is refreshing to remember you can do it on your own as well. :)
Me in front of Le Bernardin - Eric Ripert's restaurant! Super fancy.
Abby and I in front of the Spotted Pig - was delish!!
Abby and I at a cafe in Riverside Park - 5 minutes from her place!
We went back to Houston at the end of April for B's dad's retirement. It was a nice weekend. We've enjoyed how much we've gotten to see Liam, B's nephew. He is getting to that really fun age, laughing and playing and rolling around.
And here we are in May. This month is filled with graduations (already had one), a trip home and a couple of weekends to just relax here in Austin. Cannot wait for those relaxing weekends. Actually, today begins my first relaxing weekend, with no plans - in at least 6 weeks. Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment